Download free printable valentines day cards! These easy DIY printable cards are perfect to send love and appreciation on Valentine’s Day. The free valentine cards come in 6 romantic designs, showing handmade flower illustrations and different calligraphy sayings. You can share these vday cards with your sweetheart, family, friends and coworkers.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. Learn more
Romantic printable valentines day cards – Free printable cards for Valentine’s Day
Valentine’s Day is approaching fast, and I’m excited to share some free printable valentines day cards with you! The set includes 6 sweet sayings and features dreamy floral drawings. So, save your money by printing out these free valentine cards and send some free printable greeting cards love to someone special!
About the design
Do you have a favourite flower that you cannot wait to see in bloom? Peonies are high on my list, they are so beautiful, elegant and fragrant. I decided to draw some for this year’s Valentine’s print and paired the peonies with roses and baby’s breath. Overall, the design is very romantic with lots of florals and pastels.
These cards are geared as valentine printable for adults, but I’m already working on valentine cards for kids and a set of printable black and white valentines day cards. Okay, now let’s see what’s included in this set of free I love you cards!
Valentines card messages – Valentine love cards
What valentines card messages are included in this set of free valentine cards? As I mentioned, the printable valentines day cards come in 6 different designs and include the following texts and sayings:
- Happy Valentines Day: This collection of free printables wouldn’t be complete without a classic happy valentines day card. You can give this card to anyone to wish them a happy valentines day, from your crush to your best friend.
- hugs and kisses: Use this cute vday card for everyone you want to send valentines to or gift a home made valentines. This design is also a good choice as valentines cards for school or as printable valentines for coworkers.
- you are the best: If you want to express appreciation or say thank you, use this printable card! You could also use it as a printable birthday cards idea for your mum, daughter, friend, a sweet coworker or friendly neighbour.
Personal and intimate
- you are loved: The hugs and kisses card is for everyone you want to send a sweet note to say how much you love and care for them. This printable is also a great valentine message for friends and family members, for example, your partner, parents, grandparents, and other loved ones.
- just you and me: This card is more intimate and best suited for your spouse or partner, think free printable valentines day cards for your husband. It’s a great card to give with a gift. Or use it as a printable anniversary card to commemorate a special date, like a wedding anniversary or the 1st date.
- thinking of you: This printable valentines card is perfect to post love and appreciation if you and your partner are apart on valentine’s day, for example in case of a long-distance relationship or if your darling has to work away or is a military service member stationed overseas.
Other uses of these printable love cards
Although these valentine love cards are romantic in nature, I tried to include many valentine day card messages that you can use for many other events. I like to have free printable cards for all occasions, and so most of these vday cards can double as greeting cards all year long.
Use this set of printable valentine carda also as:
- printable birthday cards
- thank you cards
- free anniversary cards
- greeting cards
What size are the valentine cards?
The size for the free printable valentines day cards is 4 in x 6 in / 10.2 cm x 15.3 cm. The cards fit in A4 envelopes (4 1/2 in x 6 1/4 in), which are also called invitation envelopes. For Valentine’s, you could use these red envelopes. I also love these kraft envelopes and this pack of multi-coloured envelopes. These white A4 envelopes have a shimmery gold inlet that looks very elegant.
How do you print these easy DIY valentines cards?
You can print the cards on letter sizes (8.5 in x 11 in) and A4 paper. When designing printables, I always make sure that the items will fit different paper formats. Here are a few printing tips, so you get the most out of these printable valentines day cards:
How do I open PDF files?
Locate the PDF file on your device. I recommend to open files in Abobe Reader (free) or Abobe Acrobat to print.
Printer and paper
For the best printing results, use 22 lb printer paper or 32 lb premium printer paper to make printable cards.
Also, make sure to set the printer’s settings to print at 100% and choose the highest quality. You can read more printing recommendations here. We use this Canon printer to print our printables and like the quality of the prints.
Assemble the cards
After printing them out, cut along the grey cut lines and score the card along in the centre. The final folded size is 4 in x 6 in / 10.2 cm x 15.3 cm.
Customise the cards
If you like handmade valentine day cards and want to be creative, feel free to customise the printables, for example with washi tape, glitter or self-adhesive rhinestones.
How do you text a valentine card?
How you text a valentine card depends on the recipient. If you have time, take a few moments to write a meaningful personal message. Using the recipient’s pet name or nickname will make the card instantly more personal. Most importantly, be yourself and use words that sound like you. Your personality and sincerity is the secret ingredient that will make the card special!
If the card isn’t for your sweetie but family and friends, use the occasion to craft a valentines message that reflects how you feel about them. And if the recipient loves humour, don’t be afraid to be cheeky and go for a laugh.
If you have, you can also add a little gift or an item to your card that is meaningful to your relationship. Without me knowing, my husband had kept the movie stubs and dinner receipt form our very first date, and he glued them into a vday card years later. Needless to say, I was very touched by his sweet gesture.
More valentines day posts
If you like these free valentine cards, you will enjoy the following projects:
Crafts and gifts
Food and treats
Valentines Day Cards Free Download
Tab or click the button below for the free valentines day cards download.
Over to you!
Thanks so much for visiting Country Hill Cottage – we’re so happy you’re here! Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this post, please share it using the social media buttons you see next to the post.
For more crafts, beauty DIYs and recipe, follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook.